Senior Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Function Development Engineer
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
The ADAS team is currently seeking a feature owner to be responsible for all aspects of advanced safety features from the initial concept through production. Our ideal candidate will learn quickly, conceptualize advanced features with the customer in mind, and strive for perfecting the safest and most advanced vehicle on the market.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to design, build, simulate, and validate the future of highly automated driving from end to end.
- Define feature requirements, safety requirements, use-cases, and the performance expectations needed to meet functionality, safety, and reliability objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive features through the complete product lifecycle to provide seamless vehicle integrations.
- Create and execute traceable test plans on the vehicle and in simulation.
- Be responsible for the timely delivery of fully validated, high-quality customer features.
- 4+ Years of experience in automotive or a related industry
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, ME, CE, or CS
- Programming Proficiency (Python, C, C++)
- Experience with vehicle or systems-level automotive design, development, or testing
- Ability to lead a team and projects
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills
- 6+ Years of experience in automotive or a related industry
- Master’s degree in EE, ME, CE, or CS
- Experience with Design/Development of Safety-Critical Systems/Components
- Experience with Automated Driving sensors: Cameras, Lidars, Radars, and Ultrasonic
- Experience with Automotive Electrical/Electronic Architectures, Computer/Vehicle Networking, and Protocols
- Experience with Matlab or Simulink
- Understanding of typical automotive interfaces: CAN, CANFD, LIN, Automotive Ethernet
- Understanding of Functional Safety (ISO 26262) & Failure Mode Avoidance
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.