Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting
We are seeking a motivated, creative, and committed Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting, to help Nikola transform and disrupt the transportation industry through creating a zero-emissions future.
You’ll establish financial reporting and corporate accounting discipline across in support of corporate growth and capital raising activities, including a potential IPO. You will own the financial reporting process, technical accounting and stock administration as you help guide accounting and reporting decisions.
In this role, you will partner with business owners, finance team, and external parties, coordinating financial reporting and compliance activities and deliverables with a variety of people across the organization. It will be your responsibility to provide technical accounting guidance in a variety of areas and present to the Audit Committee, external auditors, and senior management.
You have a positive attitude, confident demeanor, and are willing to tackle challenging tasks under tight deadlines. This is a fast-paced environment where people at all levels are expected to "roll up their sleeves" and exhibit a "can do" spirit. The position will report to VP, Corporate Controller.
* Manage financial reporting process including drafting and review of the external filings, managing financial reporting calendar, preparation of the quarterly and monthly financial packages, coordinating governance and compliance activities.
* Research and document technical accounting topics. Monitor new accounting rules, analyze impact on operations and reporting.
* Manage the planning and execution of interim reviews and annual audits by the external auditors to ensure they are completed timely and efficiently.
* Manage stock administration program, partner with HR and Legal on plan structuring, employee education, and compliance requirements.
* Create technical presentations and status updates to senior management and the Audit Committee.
* Educate management cross-functionally on matters in technical accounting, internal controls and external reporting.
* Participate in the design and roll-out of the SOX/ICOFR compliance methodology and tools.
* Document existing and develop new policies and procedures. Help develop and communicate accounting policies cross-functionally and across legal entities.
* Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external partners.
* CPA is required
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 7+ years of revenant Big 4 experience.
* Strong understanding of US GAAP with proven ability to identify, research and resolve accounting and disclosure matters.
* Demonstrated experience in external reporting (S1, 10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.).
* Strong knowledge of PCAOB and SOX standards, US GAAP, and COSO guidelines. An IFRS experience is a strong plus.
* Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to management.
* Strong ability to work well within a team structure and an ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives.
* Self-motivated and ability to meet project deliverables on short notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.