Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Phoenix, Arizona (United States)
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation
We’re currently on the lookout for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer with a thorough knowledge of embedded real-time software for Electronic Control Unit (ECU) sub-system applications.
You will be responsible for:
- All Software Development Life cycle(SDLC) activities of embedded software
- Driving requirements for ECU base platform software.
- ECU software update
- Debug of low-level real-time code
- Integration of model-based application software components on the vehicle
- Development of low-level drivers such as CAN, LIN, A/D, PWM, SPI, I2C drivers
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Proficiency in C/C++ (5+ years of experience)
- Experience with Multi-Threading software development
- Experience with Multi-Core software development
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems for Embedded Systems
- Experience with Driver level development, SPI, UART, CAN, LIN, I2C, etc.
- Proficiency with CAN and LIN protocols
- Familiarity with MISRA standards and verification tools
- Experience with safety critical software development processes such as ISO 26262
- Experience with Boot-loader development
- Experience with git version control, Makefiles, and debugging tools
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.