Nikola Motor Company’s goal is to transform and disrupt the transportation industry in America. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry.
We are seeking a Simulation Engineer that will be responsible for full vehicle physical system modeling. You will work to develop models of the vehicle powertrain and components and use those models to define vehicle requirements and validate controls. You will work closely with Nikola's Powertrain and Thermal Simulation Engineer to develop control design for powertrain and thermal systems.
* Years of experience 5+
* Strong knowledge in MATLAB/Simulink.
* Experience in building plant models and performing simulation of electric vehicle powertrains.
* Experience performing vehicle dynamics simulations (CarSim/TruckSim or similar).
* Strong knowledge of multi Degree-of-Freedom (DOF) rigid body simulations.
* Efficient use of simulation models to validate vehicle controls and functional safety.
* Experience in Model-based System Design in MATLAB/Simulink environment.
* Ability to develop vehicle and powertrain controls algorithms.
* Solid understanding of system/component design/development processes.
* Familiar with git version control.
* Years of experience 8+
* Knowledge of classical control theory, optimal controls, adaptive controls, MPC, ECMS, and state-space modeling.
* Experience with GTSuite
* Familiarity with torque vectoring and regenerative braking algorithms.
* Familiarity with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape.
* Familiarity with SimScape.
* Proficiency with CAN, LIN Communication Protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.