You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
**_We feel exactly the same way._**
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
You’re a Senior Accountant who likes to work closely with the Corporate Controller and you know the financial close and reporting discipline inside and out. You’re a hands-on and versatile professional who owns ensuring proper accounting of business results and know how to present quality data on which decisions are made. You’re a self-starter who is looking to grow fast with the organization.
In this position you will be responsible for all things General Ledger, including journal entries, account reconciliation, analysis, as well as consolidations and intercompany accounting. Your other responsibilities will include:
* Maintain knowledge of US GAAP rules and ensure proper application as a part of the accounting and reporting processes
* Help develop and communicate accounting policies and procedures cross-functionally
* Support annual audit and tax requirements, including preparation of required materials
* Work on process improvement and system implementation projects as required
To succeed in a position like this, realistically, we’d love for you to be a CPA or be CPA eligible. That would be our strong preference. But you’d certainly need a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a minimum 3 years of relevant experience, including some public accounting experience at Staff/Senior level.
We’re building a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Semi Truck so experience in manufacturing or high-tech industry would also make you stand out from the crowd. Solid knowledge of US GAAP and ability to communicate accounting concepts is a must, but the right candidate would already know that. But you may not know we’ll be looking for someone who enjoys problem solving, streamlining work, identifying areas for improvement and following through to drive related changes. That “follow through” statement is key, don’t overlook it. Lastly, you should be:
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables and complex formulas), Analytical Skills, Account Reconciliation, Accounting, Project Management
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions
* Willingness to grow and be challenged
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.