Sr. Technical Battery Engineer
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Sr Technical Battery Engineer to drive battery design and developmental activities from initial concept through production.
* Lead the architecture, design and developmental activities for Nikola Motor Company’s state of the art battery packs
* Hire, manage, and mentor a highly engaged and high-performing team of battery engineers in a fast-paced environment
* Organize and manage battery testing and validation activities
* Manage critical path timelines for battery development by planning, organizing and controlling resources to deliver battery concepts to an agreed quality and timescale
* Develop relationships across the business and externally to ensure the work of the team influences Nikola’s vehicles and industry in a positive manner
* Collaborate with other groups to ensure safety, compliance, cost, efficiency, etc.
* Work closely with the Battery Advanced Manufacturing Lead to establish manufacturing processes and ensure vendors are manufacturing products according to product requirements
* MS or PhD in Engineering
* 8+ years of experience in battery design and development, preferably in the transportation industry
* Proven, senior level experience in engineering, design and testing of battery packs for production
* Proven track record of excellent management capacity leading and developing large, diverse groups of engineers and scientists in a fast-paced environment
* Experience in battery management systems
* Experience in active thermal management
* Knowledge of cell chemistry
* Knowledge of system engineering
* Preferred, experience with cylindrical cells
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.