Sr. Technical Specialist, CAE NVH
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
We’re currently on the lookout for Sr. Technical Specialist, CAE NVH to join our Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) team. In this role, you will be responsible for solving early design NVH problems using finite element models of the body, chassis systems, etc.
* Develop well-correlated CAE models of whole vehicle and vehicle subsystems
* Coordinate the analysis from your CAE models and collaborate with the appropriate engineers to develop and validate product designs to deliver the highest level of performance in both noise and vibration behavior
* Create optimization strategies suitable for NVH performance to ensure the optimal delivery of the required performance attributes
* Develop relationships across the business and externally to ensure the work of the team influences Nikola’s vehicles and industry in a positive manner
* Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other Technical Degree
* 6+ years of experience in NVH CAE within the automotive sector
* A strong track record in solving difficult problems using CAE models
* A high degree of technical and mathematical aptitude, with a strong understanding of the physics underlying the behavior of a vehicle
* Knowledge of linear structural and Vibro-acoustics analysis methods
* Experience with analysis tools such as Boundary Elements, Infinite Elements, Nastran or ANSYS and HyperWorks (Hypermesh, RADIOSS, Optistruct) or equivalent tools
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.