SYSTEMS ANALYSIS ENGINEER (HYDROGEN)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People who push themselves, work quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS
Work within our hydrogen and fuel cell engineering team focusing on utilizing 1D and 3D modeling tools for systems analysis of hydrogen fueling systems, fuel cell systems, and hydrogen refueling and test stations. 7+ years’ experience in systems analysis, 1D and 3D simulation tools, and automotive systems analysis is required. An automotive or mechanical engineering degree is required. Automotive or heavy-duty experience a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop system level simulations and analysis tools for hydrogen fueling systems, fuel cell systems, and hydrogen refueling and test stations.
* Perform drive cycle simulations analyzing system performance under expected operating conditions.
* Work collaboratively with product engineering team to implement analysis results solutions into the design.
* Correlate the simulations results with real-world test results. Create post-processing scripts as necessary to analyze results.
* Develop analysis reports with conclusions, recommendations, next steps, etc. Link analysis reports to the design through PLM repository.
* Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES:
* BS in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or similar
* 7 – 10 years of experience in automotive systems analysis, with a focus on powertrains, electric motors, thermal systems, battery packs.
* Broad experience in 1D modeling tools such as AMESim (Simcenter), GT Suite, etc.
* Matlab / Simulink
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.