WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
People who push themselves, work safely, quickly and get things done, consider how their work impacts others, and treat the company and its resources as their own.
THE JOB AND ITS REQUIREMENTS:
Work within our hydrogen storage team to ensure fit-for-service prototype and production output of hydrogen on-board fuel system components and systems. Design, procure, install, commission and operate end of line test equipment for the hydrogen on-board fuel storage system. 3+ years experience with a BS or BTech specializing in testing, preferably with an automotive background.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Define in-house testing requirements and equipment specifications for the end of line testing and inspection of prototype and production hydrogen on-board fuel storage systems
* Specify the design and performance features of test equipment to ensure the safe and high-performance operation of the fuel system and individual components, including system and component leak and permeation testing, hydrostatic proof testing, assembly torque testing, etc.
* Specify test procedures for end of line tests including consideration for industry standard requirements specified in documents such as ANSI HGV 2, ANSI HGV 3.1, ANSI HPRD 1, SAE J2579, etc.
* Install, commission and operate end of line test equipment and maintain reporting system of results, analysis of trends, etc.
* Communicate with outside suppliers regarding test equipment quotes, lead times, status, operation and quality documents
* Maintain professional relationships, including frequent and open effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
* BS or Btech
* 3+ years experience, preferably within an automotive environment
* Possess excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and develop new ideas and initiatives, able to turn ideas into practical working systems and procedures; creative, hands-on mentality
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines is a must to be successful in this position
* Possess good decision-making abilities with sound leadership qualities yet open, respectful and convincing
* Believes in sustainability and our vision
* Experience working with compressed hydrogen a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.