Thermal Controls Engineer
Nikola Motor Company’s goal is to transform and disrupt the transportation industry in America. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry.
Seeking a Sr. Engineer that will be responsible for the development, implementation, optimization, and testing of vehicle thermal control algorithms. You will work closely with Nikola's powertrain controls engineers and embedded systems engineers to develop control systems for electric vehicle thermal management systems, as well as engage in calibration and testing of the systems. You will have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
YOU COME WITH:
* Years of experience 5+
* Strong knowledge in MATLAB/Simulink.
* Experience in developing vehicle and powertrain control algorithms.
* Experience with embedded control of refrigerant systems. (i.e. Compressors, EXVs, Evaporators)
* Experience with embedded control of fluid-fluid and fluid-air cooling system components. (i.e. Fans, Pumps, Valves)
* Strong background in 1-D modeling and simulation of thermal systems (no CFD).
* Strong background in model-based System Design in MATLAB/Simulink environment.
* Solid understanding of system/component design/development processes.
* Familiar with git version control.
* Years of experience 8+
* Knowledge of classical control theory, optimal controls, adaptive controls, MPC, ECMS, and state-space modeling.
* Familiarity with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape.
* Familiarity with SimScape.
* Proficiency with CAN, LIN Communication Protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.