Vehicle Integration Engineer
You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Vehicle Integration Engineer to drive vehicle system-level and component-level packaging activities from initial concept through production.
* Drive vehicle system-level and component-level packaging activities from initial concept through production
* Create reference geometric package layouts supporting Nikola motor vehicle programs (2D and 3D)
* Create, assign, and manage packaging issues and conduct regular packaging review meetings
* Raise and lead resolution of package related concerns and cross-functional issues
* Negotiate components' location to achieve efficient package while protecting for regulatory and functional requirements
* Work alongside the homologation team to create certification drawings
* Carry out DMU assessments across all areas of the vehicle as required
* Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience in automotive packaging, including at least one full product lifecycle from concept through production
* Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
* Experience with 3D CAD software such as CATIA V5 or V6
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.