You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you; it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Vehicle Package Engineer to drive vehicle system-level and component-level packaging activities from initial concept through production.
* Develop and create portfolio of vehicle platform hardpoints and packaging requirements with an understanding of SAE J1100 and associated standards
* Create vehicle package layout in 3D and packaging drawing in 2D in Catia V5/V6
* Perform and maintain hardpoints, human factors, and ergonomics checks (ground clearance, approach, departure, break over, comfort, vision, reach-ability, ingress/egress, etc..) from concept development through production
* Support package and seating buck builds and validations
* Raise and lead resolution of package related concerns and cross-functional issues
* Negotiate components' location to achieve efficient package while protecting for regulatory and functional requirements
* Work alongside the homologation team to create certification drawings
* Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* 3+ years of experience in vehicle packaging and/or vehicle integration roles
* Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
* Strong proficiency in 3D CAD software such as CATIA V5 or V6
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.